Join us at the Southern States DanceSport Championship, the second jewel of the Triple Crown DanceSport Series. We are celebrating our 46th Anniverary of this 4-Event Series...you won't want to miss it!
Tripe Crown DanceSport, where you can "Expect the Unexpected!
- Immerse yourself in luxury at the world class Ritz Carlton - New Orleans
- Rejuvinate those dancing feet and renew your mind, body, and spirit at the Ritz Carlton Spa
- Shake your tail feathers all day & allow us to wine, dine & entertain you in the evenings
- Plan time to explore the wonderful city of New Orleans and all it has to offer
- Enjoy exciting professional shows by world class dance champions - "TBA."
A Little History About New Orleans And Things To Do
Lashed by Hurricane Katrina in 2005, New Orleans continues to rebuild. Meanwhile, in true Southern style, the city embraces the mantra "let the good times roll." You'll find the locals relaxed, and unhurried, always ready for a chat, and embodying the spirit of the city's nickname, "The Big Easy."
New Orleans sits on the Mississippi River in southern Louisiana. It was founded in 1718 by Phillippe d'Orleans, then the Regent of France. The city was under Spanish control for decades before it passed back into French hands, and then was sold to the United States in 1803.
A magnet for immigrants, the city attracted sugar and cotton workers from France, Ireland, Germany and Africa. Today you'll find it a multicultural blend of Creoles, African Americans and French-speaking locals.
Go to the French Quarter to see the rattling streetcars made famous in Tennessee Williams' play A Streetcar Named Desire. This lively area is known for its ornate, Spanish Colonial architecture. Each year, leading up to Lent, the French Quarter hosts the colorful Mardi Gras festivities, said to have started as early as 1743.
While in the quarter, stop by the famous Café du Monde, beloved for chicory-laced cafe au lait and French-style beignets. From here, cross the road to Jackson Square. This beautiful park has been a popular hangout for artists since the early 1920s. Today, it's home to painters, tarot readers, musicians, street performers and classic Creole cuisine. Sample traditional food, including po'boy sandwiches, fresh Louisiana crawfish, spicy gumbo, jambalaya stews and sugary pralines.
Don't miss a night out on iconic Bourbon Street , known for its nightspots, cafes, strip joints and jazz clubs. Venues here have hosted many famous musicians, including Louis Armstrong, a New Orleans native.
New Orleans also has strong ties to a strain of Voodoo religion that is still practiced by a handful of locals. You can take a voodoo-themed tours of the infamous St. Louis Cemetery, while Lafayette Cemetery is a popular location for movie shoots.
Getting around is easy, though, as the city is flat and ideal for walking. Alternatively, jump on a streetcar for an inexpensive bit of fun. Several lines originate in Downtown and cover most of the areas you will want to visit. At night, find a cab at a cab-stands and hotels, or telephone one and it will generally arrive fairly quickly. Driving in New Orleans is not recommended. Parking spaces are scarce and expensive, and finding your way is sometimes difficult with many one-way streets and a rather complicated layout.
For more details on interesting local attractions and activities, check out our things to do in New Orleans page .
Important Notice: Deadline for entries has been extended
Breaking News!! Deadline is March 5th, so please call for more info at 561-308-6080 or email us at: email@example.com!
. All forms can be downloaded.
Simply click on the COMPETITORS tab > REGISTRATION > FORMS
Incentives for Teachers
- "POT OF GOLD" - Call now for details (888) 684-7717
- PRO/AM TEACHERS RECEIVE $7 PER SINGLE DANCE if you are on a package or dance a minimum 150 dances ($5 Youth & Juniors)
- PRO/AM TEACHERS RECEIVE $5 PER DANCE IN MULTI DANCE ENTRIES if you are on a package or dance a minimum 150 dances ($3 Youth & Juniors)
- Off package Teachers receive $5 ($3 Youth & Juniors) per single dance & $3 ($1 Youth & Juniors) per dance in multi-dance entries. "MIN. 10 DANCES TO QUALIFY".
- ENJOY THE BONUSES...YOU DESERVE THEM!
More Ways to Dance...and WIN!
- NEW PRELIMINARY CATEGORY in Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Above Gold to the regular pro/am and amateur entry form as well as the rising star entry form. This helps you out when you have the same students in the same age and/or level of dance.
- NOW OFFERING ENTRIES IN THE PROFICIENCY CATEGORY where you'll compete against a point system instead of other competitors. All levels can be entered as proficiency except multi-dance & scholarships. Simply write proficiency on the entry form. The points from proficiency categories will count as half of the value toward Top Awards including Top Teacher and Top Studio.
- ALSO OFFERING COUNTRY WESTERN DANCE DIVISION
New Closed Scholarships Ages and Levels & Multi - Dances Also Now In Closed!!
NEW All Multi-Dance Championships That Are Danced On Saturday Are Available Now In Closed And Open!! Added Gold Closed Scholarships & Added "D"Age Category In All Closed Scholarships!! Please Check The Age Changes In A, B and C Closed Scholarships!!
Triple Crown Dancesport has added Pro Open Showdance and Rising Star & Open Grand Championships to all four of our dance championships! This gives all of you a better chance of winning more money & the audience better shows in 2018/2019!